About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

It's been a while, but I'm back.

Well it's been a very long while since I last posted an update here, hard to believe four years flew by so fast. It's even harder to believe the amount of stuff that happened in that time. I won't go into every single little thing, not that I think I could even begin to remember everything, but I will hit some highlights. First of all, I'm deciding to re-make this blog and turn it into something somewhat active again. With the impending inauguration of ..... I can't even say it, you know who, I feel the need to get my thoughts out to people again. I'll go into that more later, but for now I'll stick to blog related stuff. I plan to pretty much start over again with this, though the old content will still stay in place. I'll be doing a lot of work on the page, as well as fixing linking issues with my old sites. For now go through Facebook to stay in touch with me. I'm sure you'll notice that I have renamed the page, I felt like it was time for a change to it. The terminology felt a bit dated to me as well, so I figured that something simpler and more to the point was in order. I'll probably be tweeking the look and feel of things here and there, so don't be surprised if other things change as well.

On a more personal note, quite a bit has changed in my life as well. I'm no longer unemployed, and haven't been for almost the entire time I've been on hiatus from here. I've been working at Walmart this whole time as an overnight stocker. It's not the greatest job in the world, and often it leaves me exhausted and grumpy, but it pays the bills. This leads into my next big change, I'm no longer in Virginia, at least not since 2015. Things sort of fell apart with Stef and I, and we went our separate ways after a while, but I won't go in depth on that subject. What brought me to Rhode Island of all places was my current girlfriend, and hopefully future wife. We met online through a dating site and one thing led to another and I decided to transfer my job and move up here to be with her. She's a cis girl believe it or not. I say that because apparently after trying to find anything and everything possible online about trans women and cis women in relationships, we came up with next to nothing. So it would appear as though it's not a common thing, even among trans people. All of that aside, I would say things are well with us. We've been together for about two and a half years now, and still going strong.

It's been a long four years...well not really, who am I kidding? It's flown by like that guy who passes you on the highway doing 100. In that time I've gotten my drivers license, gotten a car, payed off said car, moved like 500 miles away from my home state to start a new life in New England with someone new, drove the distance to move here too, gotten into my first real apartment, found and have held down a full time job, and found the first person that loves me as much as I love them. That's not even getting in detail much, that's just the highlights, it kind of leaves my head spinning a bit. I guess you can say I've done a lot of growing up, it certainly feels like I have at least. I would have never seen most of that coming four years ago, but I guess in hindsight they are things that needed to happen, and have been good changes. I even picked up a few new hobbies since moving as well. I've managed to find my way into fountain pen restoration, and typewriter repair. I sort of had the idea that I'd like to get into antique restoration, since not many other careers really seem that appealing to me. I suppose it's a start, and about all I have the room or finances to work on for now, but it's definitely a starting point.

Anyway, it's about time I wrap this up. My time is a bit more limited these days, and in general I've tended to withdraw somewhat from the internet. I guess I've had a lot going on in real life to keep me distracted. So I'm going to attempt to keep up with this thing again, but I'm not sure how frequently I'll be posting. I certainly will try to do better than four years between though. So for now this is it, but trust me, I have a lot more to say, so I'll be back very soon.

3 comments:

Halle said...

Such great news Sage! While trans and sis women do not seem to make the news (and thank goodness for that) I am here to say you and your sweetie are far from alone. So congratulations for finding someone who reflects your own loving nature, and welcome back to the world of blogging!

Halle xx

Sage Fallon said...

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Elizabeth V- said...

I am so very happy to know you are well, and active again! Since I adore fountain pens too, here is a site I found very useful for pen maintenance.

http://www.richardspens.com/?page=ref/care/inks.htm

Hugs and kisses to you and your girl!