About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thing Are Improving

Things are doing much better with work for me now. We had new smaller store open up in the mall that’s going to turn into the toy store next month, and at first I thought I’d try working both stores for the extra hours. I ended up having to choose one or the other. I ran into some trouble from my manager at the store I was hired at over it. I got pulled aside twice within a week to be talked to over it and I still wasn’t getting enough hours, so I decided that would transfer to the other store. I was starting to hate my job for a while, but switching stores has been a big help.

Since it’s a smaller store we have fewer people on staff, which means the hours get spread out more evenly. I love it there. The schedule is made out 2 weeks ahead of time, so I’m not having to deal with calling in on Sundays to hopefully get the correct answer to when I come in next. I’m getting much better hours, I can count on at least 4 days a week now, if not more since Halloween is getting closer. I like the people I work with and they’re fun to be around. I’m hoping that I get held over for the toy store. I found a job that I enjoy; so the longer I can keep it the better.

On top of that Stef and I are spending less money on gas thanks to the new car. It costs around half as much to fill it up than the jeep did. Things are going pretty well for now, I don’t have many complaints. With any luck things will keep getting better.

I’ve come a long way since that night back in March when I was thrown out. I haven’t forgotten, nor have I forgiven, the way I was treated. As promised, I have succeeded in spite of those who stabbed me in the back. I have, and will continue, to prove to my family that I am more than they give me credit for. If I still sound bitter, it’s because I am, I make no secret of it. I’m trying to let it go, but it’s going to be a long time coming.

Stef and I have been together for almost a year now. It will be on the 31st. I can honestly say I wouldn’t be where I am now without her. She was there to get me when I had no place to live; she found us a place to live and paid the rent for months until I found a job. She pushed me to not give up in my job search even though it took so long. She takes me to work and picks me up when I get off, and I can always count on her to be there for me no matter what. I can’t ask for better. It’s been a rough year for us both, but I’m hoping that the next one will prove to be even better. I love her, and I’d be lost without her.

1 comment:

Dru said...

I am conducting an Astrological study of Diversity (looking at diversity through the lens of astrology), and I would really love your contribution.
You can check out another study I did recently (comparing Astronauts and Priests) on the same site, and contact me if you have any questions.
http://neptunetune.wordpress.com/astrologysurvey/

I hope to hear from you, and also appreciate any sharing with friends and loved ones of the link.

Thanx for your time.

Dru Philippe