About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Working Towards the Goal

I'm doing pretty well with work so far. It's been a few days and I have no major complaints, it's rather tiring but I've honestly had worse jobs. It's way better than working outside all day in the middle of the summer like I used to do. I'm hoping to get in a full 40 hours this week, and every week possible. I don't really want to do overtime for the sake of not burning out. I'm liking everyone at work so far, and I'm doing my best to make sure I earn my pay.

I hope this will be a step in the right direction to get better jobs in the future. I want to get something that will give me vacation and sick days. I do like the fact that I pretty much always have something different to do through out the day, it keeps the day from seeming like it drags by. It just feels nice to get a chance to prove that I'm worth hiring, something no one else wanted to do for me. I'm working hard to make sure I keep the job. Instead of waiting around to be told to do something I go ask what needs to be done. I like to think it will look good for me. Here's hoping it continues to go well for me. Stef is worried about running low on money, but finally I can tell her to just hold on and I'll get paid. We can finally split the rent and have some extra cash between us.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job, Sage. I really hope that this does lead to some better employment opportunities. I know that this kind of store is seasonal, and I want you to be able to find something more permanent.

But in the meantime, you're working around all that cool Halloween stuff! I'm envious :) I LOVE Halloween. So, at the very least, have fun with this job, and keep up the good work, it'll gain you a reference. :)

Good luck!
Love,
E.

Medea said...

This is awesome. It's nice to feel that way, I know. What I wouldn't give for payed vacation again myself. Really glad for you.

Brianna Austin said...

Keep on going, you're right on track