About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Got Them Back

Today went very well at my meeting for food stamps. We got there about a half hour early, but that ended up working out for me. They had me in and out by the time my appointment was actually set for. I think they intended to give them to me before I even talked to them. All they asked to see was my ID, and proof of residence (piece of mail sent me at this address). I got asked about my SSI case, but there wasn't much to tell. It's sort of a lost cause now. There was nothing in the records to suggest that it had been denied, but at this rate I'll probably find a job before I hear anything about it period. Because I still had my card I was able to get the money loaded on today within an hour of leaving the office.

I'm so glad that went so well, I can rest a little easier knowing that I'll have that 200 a month for food. It helps take a bit of the burden off of Stef, since now I can buy us groceries. It also means that I can start eating fairly healthy again, there's only so much you can do to raman in a microwave to make it better than it was the 10 times before. I'll be so glad when I can go grocery shopping tomorrow and stock up on some good food. That's one problem caused by my family that's been fixed, now if only I can figure out what to do to stop the bad dreams I've been having about them ever since I was thrown out. That's nothing new though, seeing as it was happening well before all of that. I guess I'll get over it in time.

Anyway that's about all for now. I'm still job hunting and waiting for call backs from a few places, but with any luck I'll get one before long.

3 comments:

Medea said...

Good for you! I can't help but think of some of the more boisterous notes you received in your previous entries. I really don't get the impression from your entires that you "wait for things to be handed to you". You stand in line, you make phone calls and you get things down. You have this new apartment now and groceries. I think you really have to be in a situation like yours (or most young transwomen who made the decision to pursue this life at a young age)to actually understand it.

I'm coming under some fire for it myself. It seems like people are ready to line up around the block and "put you in your place". Our generation tends to say "fuck it I'm doing this" while the older generally has spouses or family to think about. While I feel we're all brave women, the younger generation really shouldn't be ridiculed by the older unless they've been in our position. It's so much more challenging when you're actually in the position.

Anyways, as always Sage, thanks for sharing.

Sage Fallon said...

Thanks for being understanding, and the support. :)

Osias said...

With the rapid advances in knowledge, several techniques were used to create the vagina; however, Dr. Juta”s technique is one of a kind, “The Scarless Sexchange” wherein there will be no visible scar on the labia majora after the operation. Certainly, he is the only doctor performing a high quality SRS “Scarless Sex change” in Thailand today. With Dr. Juta, you can achieve a successful outcome both in appearance and function, and there are far lesser incidents of complications. The goal of Doctor Juta is to create female sexual organs that look as natural as possible and that allow as much sexual arousal as possible.