About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Job Hunting

It's been a little while since I last posted, so I guess it's time for an update. Things have been going pretty well for Stef and I since we moved in a few weeks ago. It's kind of scary officially being on my own, but at the same time it does feel good. I guess I'm getting used to it. There really hasn't been too much to talk about going on, just getting by day to day and such.

I've been working on doing some job hunting the past couple of weeks too. Thankfully there's no shortage of places to apply up here. I've mostly been sticking to art supply stores, and drug stores so far, but I came across a couple of photography studios that were hiring over the weekend. They sound pretty promising. I'm hoping that my experience from before will help me out with getting one. It's kind of scary, because I know I'll probably have to be behind the camera at some point with either one. I have confidence that I'll be able to do a good job, I'm just nervous because I've never been the one doing the shooting professionally before. I just hope that I get a bit of guidance on it, which I'm sure I will. If I screw up a shot on my own it's no big deal, I just redo it. If I screw one up in the studio my job could be on the line.

I'm hopeful that one or the other will work out. I'm not looking forward to the fact that I'll probably have to work with kids, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I'm not sure if I'll get either one, but I'm going to hope so.

1 comment:

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

good luck with the job hunting,don't sell yourself short before you get there :)