About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

100 Followers

I just noticed earlier tonight that I've hit the 100 mark with followers. Well, 101, but I'm just rounding the number out. I never expected to have this many people interested in my blog when I started it 3 years ago. I've come a long way since then, and so has this blog in many ways. I'm happy to say though, that the original purpose has not been lost. My has been, and will continue to be, not just a personal outlet for me, but a source of information for other trans people. I'm glad to know that in some small way, I'm able to reach out to others and let them know they're not alone. I like to think that I've helped quite a few people in my time, and that is worth any and every hardship I may face for being open about myself. I want to thank everyone that follows my blog, because you're the reason I keep writing.

On another note, I've recently come across a new blogger who seems like she could use a little support from the rest of us. Here's hoping I'm not over stepping any boundaries. Her name is Lauren and her blog is http://teenlifetransition.blogspot.com/ . Go over and show some love when you can.

Now for my personal stuff. I got a letter from social security today telling me my appointment for the SSI stuff is on the 16th at 10:30 in the office. It's about fucking time! I'm not counting on a lot at this point, but I'm still going to give it a shot for sake of at least being evaluated. Please people, stop leaving me comments about whether or not I qualify for it. I know there are people out there worse off than me, I don't claim to be the worst. Whether I should get it or not is up to the SSA.

4 comments:

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

conrats on the 101 followers thats awesome :)

I've been following your journey.I have a transgender daughter. If any kids want to write to me regarding parents handling it all feel free.Or other parents. I think your blog is a great resource for others in the same situation.

Amy K. said...

I ditto the congrats! I have 115 followers myself. If you catch up, we can start a race! Nah...

I hope you get your money soon. :)

Kevin Mendez said...

Congratulations to you!
You're blog has obviously helped many people get along with their journey and as a male, seeing this from a different point of view, you have helped me understand that you're no different from everyone else in this world. You're just trying to be you and live the best life you can, like we all are. Continue to live your life and continue to share your experiences with the 'blogosphere'.
Best Wishes

Lauren S. said...

Wow, that's all I can say! i think you've done such great work here with my blog and I appreciate your support so much! I'll be giving you the same support and keeping up with your blog! :)