About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Been a Rough Week Pt.2

So here's part 2 of Tuesday night/ the rest of the week up until now. I was already feeling pretty shitty by the time I got home and was sitting here talking to Stef about what happened. She was trying to reassure me and cheer me up, and it was starting to work. I had calmed down after venting some and was just happy to be home so I could lay down and relax a bit. My aunt brings the mail in and I had something from social security. I thought it was my time for my new appointment and everything, so I wasn't too nervous. I open it and those fucking bastards say they're denying me because they were unable to get in touch with me on the 25th for my phone appointment.

There's a lot more to this. They also said I had never filed an application for SSI, which I did, and that I had also told them that I didn't want it anymore. They're fucking lying and putting words in my mouth now! I called that office the same day as that appointment was supposed to be. I sat by my phone waiting for that call for an hour and a half. I called and talked to someone and was told that my appointment would be rescheduled and that I should get something in the mail telling me when it was. I swear, they all must be idiots over there or something. They forget to make a new appointment for me, then they lie about what I have and haven't done.

I called the office back yesterday to try and get some answers and possibly get an appointment. It took me an hour and a half worth of redialing over and over again and being on hold to actually get a person on the like to talk to me for 15 minutes. I got her name this time, and I wrote down the time that she picked up to talk to me. I explained my situation and the best she could tell me was the manager would call me in the next few weeks to talk to me about making an appointment to come in and talk to someone. So I get the don't call us we'll call you treatment from them. If I don't hear from anyone within a week or two I'm calling and asking to speak directly to the manager. This all is fucking bullshit that I've got to put up with such incompetence from these people. I'm giving being patient and understanding one more try before I go into bitch mode and start complaining in an angrier way. I just can't win this week it seems.

No comments: