About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Recent Events

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I would give some updates on things. Last weekend was amazingly great. I had one of my trans friends come and stay the weekend with me, and we got very close pretty fast considering it was the first time we had met in person. I'm not giving all the juicy details, but lets just say we may end up dating sometime in the near future. We just mostly cuddled and watched tv, but we did do a little shopping. She bought me heels and took me out to dinner, and I showed her this little shop nearby that I like going to. We didn't do a lot, but we enjoyed just being with each other a lot. She's coming again next weekend and going with me and my aunts to the Halloween thingy they do at Kings Dominion. We're both looking forward to seeing each other again. I'm not sure where things will take us, but I guess we'll find out in time.

On another note, I've officially sold my first painting to someone that's not a family member! The guy that did my tattoo is buying the small one I did on paper earlier this year about Megan. I just asked for 20 bucks and he's willing to pay that. Not bad for something I did on a sheet of printer paper about a back stabbing ex. On top of that, he wants me to bring some of my bigger pieces with me on Monday when I see him again, and he's going to pick out two to carry in the shop for sale. I get to name my own price and he's going to add to that to get his cut. So I'm guaranteed to get my price on each one, and he's only adding enough to it to get 15%. He's interested in buying my big phoenix painting himself if it doesn't sell very quickly, and he also wants to hang the one he's already buying from me in his work space at the shop. So that's great publicity for me if anyone comes in and asks about it.

I'm hoping this may get me somewhere with my art. I've slacked off on it lately, but I'm going to have to start painting again soon. I'll admit I got a little depressed that I couldn't sell much, but this is boosting my confidence a bit. I need to get into some more abstract stuff seeing as it's rather popular with the guys at the shop. I told him I do commission work too, so maybe he'll throw some ideas my way at some point. It's definitely a start, I've got a fan of my work that's buying from me, so I've got no complaints.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Sage, that is great news. I'm so proud that things with your art is finally taking off. Remember I still want you to do a painting for me one day so don't forget about it when your paintings start going like hotcakes.

Melissa said...

Sage.

I'm so happy to hear you escaped the Middle Peninsula and are now living in Richmond. A much better social scene for you, I'm sure!

I saw where you requested friendship on FB, and I added you as a friend. To be honest, I rarely ever go to FB, but still, that was sweet of you, and I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Congratulations on your art connection with the tattoo guy. I know it's not much, but hey, how many other starving artist's work has he agreed to display?

Melissa XX

Sage Fallon said...

@Ryan- Thanks, I definitely won't forget about the one you want.

@Melissa- Thanks, I couldn't be happier to get away from there lol. I wasn't sure if you're on facebook too often, but I saw you on there one day and thought I'd add you. I don't keep up with it enough myself most of the time.