About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finally Got Some Answers

I finally got a call back from the clinic yesterday morning. The guy I left the message with is apparently also leaving, at least according to the woman that called me. I asked if I needed to call them to make a new appointment or if they would call me, and I also asked about if my scripts are still good or not. She told me they would call me up by the end of October and that my scripts are still good. She also said that they were in the process of hiring a new doctor, so it worries me a little if they don't have anyone new lined up yet. I have a feeling some shit went down, otherwise I would expect a doctor to give more than a few days notice of leaving. The woman I talked to also seemed very annoyed that I was even calling, and kept asking if I read the letter that it explained everything.

I said that I had, but I really wanted to lay into her about it. I didn't, but it was tempting. Excuse me for being a little confused by a letter I suddenly get 5 days before I'm supposed to see my doctor saying that she's gone now and I'm on my own until they find another one. It's not like I saw it coming, not to mention the letter was slightly vague on a few things that I wanted to clarify. It seems like they don't plan on screwing us over, but I can't help but worry. Lately it seems as though when shit goes down, trans people are the ones screwed the worst by it. All I can do is wait and hope for the best.

Oh yeah, I got another tattoo over the weekend that I hadn't thought to mention until now.













Yes, it's on my wrist! :P

2 comments:

Amy K. said...

Cool tattoo. The wrist must have hurt quite a bit! Is that a Celtic symbol? It looks similar to one that my Nikki wanted some time ago. I forgot what she called it.

Good luck with the doctor situation. If they don't call when they say they said, call them back quick. Don't let them forget about you.

*hugs* :)

Sage Fallon said...

Thanks, it actually wasn't that bad on the pain, but I do have a high pain tolerance lol. Yeah, it's a celtic symbol called a triquetra. I'm definitely going to need the luck with my doctor situation.