About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Progress!

Progress is definitely being made! The last week was pretty hectic for me. I went back to the grandparents on Tuesday since I needed to see my psychologist again and let her know about me moving and everything. I don't think I've ever seen her as happy as I did that day when I said that I moved out. I'm only going to see her once a month for now until things get settled here. I want to keep her in the loop in case I can pull a miracle out of thin air sometime soon with surgery.

I went back to the grandparents after that was over so I could pick up some more of my stuff. I got to bring the desktop with me, and my aunt got a wireless card to put in it for me. So now I have my awesomely great desktop hooked up to high speed for once. I call the desktop my baby, so this only makes me like it even more. I grabbed most of the rest of my clothes and whatever other art supplies and random crap I decided to bring along.

There was a letter from social services waiting for me too. I had to fill out something related to me getting a job and them helping me with it and send it in to them by Friday. That had me worried since I'm an hour away from there now, but my aunt suggested faxing it in. I called up social services the next morning and got everything taken care of. I faxed it to the right person, and told them I where I was moving to, and I got a letter in the mail on Friday saying that my case was transferred. So now I just wait for a phone call to see who I meet with here and I should be good to go. The next thing I need to do is get in touch with my voc rehab case worker and tell them I've moved. Considering they haven't checked in with me since fucking March, I suppose I have a lot to fill them in on.

Things are coming together for me, finally! It's just going to take a little time to get everything to where I want it to be. To be honest, it feels like I've been locked away in a mental hospital for the last 6 or 7 years and am now just getting out. That's how trapped I felt there. It's scary in a way, but I know it's for the better. It's hard to just pick up everything I can and leave the place I've lived for the last 17 years of my life, but it has to be done. I will never get anywhere so long as I live there, there's no questioning that. I know I'm doing the right thing.

7 comments:

Ammy M2F said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amrisa Trans said...

Way to Go Sage. I'm very happy for you. I'm also on the verge of moving out of place I've lived for 23 years minus four months of my life. All I need to do is get my car fix and I'm outa there.

Michelle Marie said...

Great to hear things are finally looking up for you Sage! Don't give up and things will eventually go your way. Very happy for you.

Ryan Hunter said...

Sage, good luck with the move and everything you accomplish with doing so. I am glad to see that things are finally getting better for you, I hope they stay that way.

Melissa said...

That's great news, Sage! I know from reading your past posts, how unhappy you were living there. Good luck in your new place!

Melissa XX

Name: R Bohannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Name: R Bohannon said...

Boo, sorry to delete a comment. Glad you have so many followers, and I think everyone can say *FUCK YES!*.
:)