About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moving On

Well things are still looking up for me. It's been a rather hectic few weeks lately, but everything is coming together for me. I've made a few new friends, who are fucking awesome by the way, and finding new interesting places to go. I love living this close to the city now, so much is finally within reach it's like where do I start first. I even found out a good friend of mine is now living pretty close by and wants me to come with her to the fine arts studio and get my hands dirty working with some clay. I won't life is perfect, but compared to hellhole middle of nowhere it's 10 times better. I'm trying to find a way to go see my girlfriend sometime soon. She's a few hours away, so I may just take a bus seeing as I'm right here at Richmond now where there's plenty to choose from. I just have to find a way to make the money for a ticket and find out which is best to go with. Things seem to be doing pretty well with us so far at least.

On a side note, I'm sure quite a few of you remember the case of cyber harassment brought on by my ex and her little crony earlier this year. Lets just say karma has come full circle on that little issue. Don't screw with a practicing witch; I'm leaving it there. Otherwise I can't say I have many complaints aside from the usual transition related stuff. I'm enjoying living here, and hoping things keep on how they've been going. I'm finally moving forward, and I'm done looking back.

"You may shoot me with your words, You may cut me with your eyes, You may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I'll rise...." -Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Looking back on things just makes the situation of what already happened worse in my opinion, keep looking ahead at new opportunities, and don't dwell on the past.

There is a quote that I think you will really like and it is this:

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person."