About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Friday, August 20, 2010

A Little Progress

It’s been a busy week for me this week. Since Monday I’ve gotten my meds refilled, had 2 doctors appointments and a psychologist appointment and did my grocery shopping. My doctor had taken me off of my blood pressure meds that my hormone doctor had put me on since she thought it was making it drop too low. She switched me over to a beta blocker that’s supposed to help with my heart rate more than anything. It was working alright but she upped my dosage a bit since it was still just a little high. I also had her take a look at a cyst that I had on the back of my neck for as long as I can remember. I wanted to get it removed, which luckily she said she was able to do for me. I went to have that done yesterday and everything went really well actually. I found out that after just 2 days on the higher dosage of the beta blocker my heart rate looked perfect, so there’s one less worry on my mind. The procedure to remove the cyst went pretty well too, wasn’t overly painful and just felt really weird more than anything. She said it didn’t seem to be infected at all and that it closed up pretty well when she stitched it. She put me on some anti biotics to take for 10 days until the stitches come out just to be on the safe side. Aside from a little pain that a couple of ibuprofen every now and then are keeping under control I’m doing pretty well.

Yesterday was also one of those days where I’m glad that I’m open about myself with people. My doctor and my nurses were joking with me about different things I guess to keep my mind off the fact that someone is cutting into my neck. At one point I just came out and said it’s ok if it hurts a little since I’m a masochist, which I think surprised them a little. Then again I do have chain linked around both of my wrists, so I guess that probably answered a question they all had but didn’t want to ask. I was stretching me legs out a little right before they stitched me up and they were telling me I could a bit more if I wanted to; I told them that was nothing after sitting in the same position for 3 hours to get a tattoo leaning against the back of a chair. Which made everyone want to see it and in the end they’re all telling me they love it when I come. I told them I seem to have that effect on people.

I’m taking it easy with the painting for a few days just to give myself time to heal a little without jerking my arms and neck around too much. Well ok it’s hard to sit and do nothing so I’m getting back to it tomorrow since I had one nearly finished that just needs some light work done on it. That’s about it for now.

No comments: