About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

One of My Best Works Yet

I finally finished my next commission, a beach scene for my aunt. This was the biggest painting I've done so far, an 11x14 wood framed canvas. I'm going to see her tomorrow and I should get about 30 dollars out of it, I'll be getting another 15 from my mom for one I did for her too. This stands to be a profitable weekend as of now. I'm hoping to go by Walmart or somewhere soon and make some 8x10 prints of some of my photography work and take them to some local galleries. I know a few in the area that deal in photography, so if I can get some fairly cheap frames and they accept any of my stuff hopefully I'll make some more money on them. I want to show up at these places with paintings and photos in hand, that way they can't blow me off. It also looks good on my behalf if I show up with examples of my work on the first visit. I guess I'll see where things take me, I stand to make quite a bit of money if my work gets some good exposure on the local level. There's even one gallery that's partnered with the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts that I really want to get some stuff into. It's got a long waiting list for applicants, but it's worth the wait since the exposure for my work would be priceless at a place like that. Anyway, that's about all for right now, here's a picture of my painting. I think it's one of my best paintings yet, it was worth the frustration I had trying to paint it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cassidy Brynn said...

Love it....if you're ever on the Eastern Shore of Va...we should have coffee and chat...I get there often in the year.