About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A New Lead

I hung out with a couple of friends yesterday and we randomly decided to take a trip to Richmond. We walked into this tattoo shop and I talked to the guy in there a bit about my artwork and he told me that they display stuff on the first fridays at walk. So I get a chance each month to possibly get something displayed. He was telling me that it's a lot easier to get stuff showed somewhere with that, and said to get in touch with him on facebook to see about getting some stuff in on the next one. This may be my chance to make some more cash on my art. He said most of the people buying stuff are art students so 50 bucks is usually the most a lot of things go for. So if I can get maybe 10 pieces to put up for sale, something like some 16x20s, put $50 on each and that's 500 bucks if I can sell them all within a day. As far as I know I keep all of the profits, even he agreed with me about that gallery asking for a 50% commission rate being just ridiculous. It's the small shops that are looking for almost anything that are going to get me out there right now, so this sounds like a big opportunity for me. I've got 2 paintings in the works now and plenty of canvases left, with any luck I can get enough stuff ready within 2 weeks to get something in for this month, and if not there's always next month. There were paintings on the wall in the shop, so who knows, maybe I can trade paintings for some tattoo work if he's in the market for anything.

2 comments:

Clairese said...

Tattoos and face piercings are on the way out of fashion.

But, if you want to lok like middle-aged trailer park trash, that is your choice...

Sage Fallon said...

Not sure where you got your facts but all evidence I've seen says otherwise. Also I don't plan on looking like "middle-aged trailer park trash" by the time I'm middle aged. I plan on looking like an artist/wiccan high priestess.