About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Good Weekend

I’m a little late writing about it, but I actually had a pretty good weekend. I went to my aunt’s house Friday morning so I could have an extra day to spend with her before my mom and her boyfriend came the next day. She loved the painting I did for her; she even hung it up that night in the living room. I got my 30 bucks from her and the 15 from my mom the next day, so it was a fairly profitable weekend for me. My aunt even said she would talk to a few people she knows that may be interested in my work to help me out a bit. So I’m hoping I may have some more work coming way before long. My other aunt told me about this site I could join and get really good prices on photo prints. I joined that while I was there and I get my first 50 4x6 prints for free, so I ordered prints of my entire portfolio so I can make a hard copy to carry around to galleries. I just had to pay $3.61 for the shipping, but that’s pretty good for 50 4x6s. I got work done on sizing some 8x10 prints while I was there too, I want to have a small stock of them ready in case any of the galleries take an interest in my work.

Things are looking up right now with my art career. I made enough money on the commissions so far that I can start getting some prints of my photo work ready to sell and get some extra art supplies. I’m considering what I get at this point an investment in my future career. I’m hoping that at some point I can branch out into sculpture work as well. The more mediums I can do well in the more chances I have of making a living off of this.

My hand is feeling a bit better. I had apparently been putting some extra strain on it compared to normal with all the painting and my wrist had gotten sore. I can thank my many hours of self training with knives and swords for originally doing the damage to my wrist. It’s when I hold it in a very specific knife thrusting position that it hurts at this point. I’ve been wearing a brace on it and icing it at least once a day, so I’m hoping that continues to help. My aunt is a nurse and I talked to her about it while I was there. She said it sounded like some kind of inflammation of the soft tissue in the joint, so I’m at least going to bring it up with my doctor when I see her on the 15th.

On another note, my aunt brought up the possibility of me moving in there at some point, maybe in the fall. I don’t know what’s going to come of that, but if it works out it may just be break I’ve been waiting for. I would have my own room, cable, wireless internet, and the most acceptance I’ll get from any family member I’ve got. Not to mention there are many places of potential employment within decent walking distance of her house. It’s just an idea at this point, but I definitely won’t pass up the opportunity if it seriously comes my way. They seem to like having me there a lot more than my brother, which is no surprise. Having some time there without my mom and her boyfriend around I think gave my aunt and I time to get a bit closer. We talked about a few things we hadn’t before, and at one point were talking about psycho ex girlfriends we had each had. I think it would be a good thing for me if I do end up living there at some point; they understand a lot of what I go through and are completely supportive of me. I guess we’ll see where things go; I’m going back in a couple of weeks to stay the weekend again, so who knows where it will take me. I’m just going where the wind blows me for now and hoping it takes me in a good direction.

No comments: