About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Expanding My Work

It was a good weekend for me. We stopped by Michaels on the way home yesterday to see about getting a few more art supplies. They had a sale on canvases and I managed to grab a 5 pack of 16x20s for 15 bucks. They also had a coupon to get 40% off of any one item in the store, so I picked up a 30 dollar beginners glass etching kit for 15 bucks. It's got everything I need to get started, and I played around with it some today. I've got a bit of learning to do, but I got fairly good results from my first try considering I just freehanded some doodles on a piece of test glass. I have stencils, but they're one time use, so I only want to use those on something I'm going to sell. It's as simple as sticking them on the glass like a sticker, smearing the acid paste on them and wash it off after 5 minutes. I can take a 3 dollar wine glass from Walmart and turn it into a 25 or 30 dollar glass for next to nothing. I also picked up a little 6 inch tall poseable wood drawing model for something like 3 bucks. I'm set on art supplies now, I've got 9 canvases, 2 new brushes, a #1 painting knife, portfolio bag, glass etching kit, and the little wooden drawing model, and my aunt gave me a binder with plastic sleeves that I can use to turn into a pretty nice portfolio. I just need to grab a business license and order some business cards and I'm ready to take my stuff to the VA hospital and sell them.

No comments: