About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Winding Down

I got home really late last night from Nags Head, I wish I could have stayed longer but I have a therapy appointment tomorrow afternoon. My last there was pretty fun. We went to the beach for a good part of the day, which I didn't really look forward to, but am glad that I went. I just sat under the umbrella most of the time, I'm not much of a sun person. Some wild horses actually wandered up on the beach while we were there and I got some decent pictures of them. I spent most of the day taking pictures of the waves breaking on the shore and trying to get shots of any birds that landed nearby. I even found a bunch of shells and rocks while I was there to bring home. I spent a good part of the afternoon once we got back home checking out the yard around the beach house and taking a few shots of flowers and trees. It was a pretty fun trip, despite the sun and heat. I got plenty of time to talk to my aunt about things, it was a very relaxing weekend. I needed it with all the stress over insurance and surgery I've been going through lately. We're talking about possibly doing it again next year only going and staying with my aunt for the full week. Anyway here's a couple more pictures from the trip that I'm adding to my portfolio.
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Amy K. said...

Nags Head, North Carolina? It must be! I've been there, well... on the border of Nags Head and Kill Devil Hills. Some names they have down there, huh? I used to stay at this little motel when I went to see my daughter. The beach is right behind the motel. I love it there. :)

Sage Fallon said...

Yeah, it was the one in NC, they do have some odd names down there lol. I love the scenery though, very inspiring, I'm glad I had the camera with me.

Melissa said...

Nice pictures, Sage. I've seen wild ponies before on Assateague Island, up on the Eastern Shore, and some down on Ocracoke Island, on the other side of Hatteras Inlet, but that's the first time I think I've ever seen them on the beach in Nags Head. Cool! The Outer Banks is a great place to relax. Glad you had a good time.

Melissa XX

Laura Bennett said...

It looks amazingly beautiful there Sage!