About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Unexpected Vacation

I was supposed to stay the weekend with my mom and her boyfriend at their place this weekend, but plans changed at the last minute. My aunt invited us to come down to Nags Head and join them on vacation. I'm very glad I decided to come even though I'm not usually much for beaches. She got a nice big full size beach house that we have all to ourselves, with cable and a wireless connection. Not only that but I get my own room, own bathroom, and a full size bed all to myself. This weekend was definitely worth the long ride and hassle of getting ready. I got to go take pictures of a lighthouse yesterday which yielded a nice shot for my portfolio. We went and looked for shells on the beach at sunset later on and I got yet another great shot of the sun setting behind the sand dunes. I've been carrying the camera all over the place with me while I'm here and getting some good stuff.

This is exactly what I needed, some time to relax and a nice change of scenery. I have 2 new painting commissions too, one from my mom also of a lighthouse, and my aunt asked if I could do a beach scene for her. It looks like I've got my work cut out for me now, but they're both willing to pay me. My mom was also telling me about some small art gallery that was near her where someone was looking for new artists to showcase. She's going to show her some pictures of my work and see if she's interested at some point. Maybe good things will come of that.

We're heading home today unfortunately, I'd love to stay here for a week or so. Oh well, I'm happy, and definitely very inspired by the scenery. My family is talking about doing this again next year, I can only hope that happens, I want a sunrise over the ocean shot if I can drag myself out of bed early enough. That's about it for now, I'll leave you with my lighthouse shot.
Photobucket

No comments: