About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Three Years

I just realized that today makes 3 years since I started on hormones. It's hard to believe it's been that long already. If you asked me 3 years ago if I thought I'd make it this far I probably would have said no. I guess at least I have that to be proud of, I made a choice and I've stuck with it. I wish I could say I feel like celebrating, but I realize I've still got so much farther to go. I guess waiting for an answer about surgery is one reason that makes me reluctant to let myself get too happy. My answer to anyone who told me back then that I would regret this one day and change my mind is, it's been 3 years and I haven't. I'm still glad I made the choice to transition, it's the one choice I've made in my life that I know 100% for sure was the right one to make.

Things are looking up for me right now, but I'm still dealing with a bit of depression. I think it's just from me being worried about surgery. I know worrying won't help at all, but it's one of those things that creeps into my mind one way or another even when I try not to let it. At least I have my painting and my photography to keep me busy. I've finished my next commission and started on another, so I stand to make 40 or 50 bucks by the end of the week. I've got another lighthouse request from my grandparents too, I'll do it even though I'm getting a little tired of lighthouses. I did one of cape hatteras for my mom, I didn't put it on here but it's on my website if anyone wants to go look at it. That's about it for now, not a lot really to talk about I guess.

No comments: