About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I've Got a Plan

I went to my psychologist today to talk about everything that's been going on, and I think I have a plan. She suggested that I look for a primary care doctor here in the area and see about getting an appointment with them to talk about things. I'm not quite sure how that's going to go, but it sounds better than trying to get myself committed in order to see a doctor. My doctor in Richmond had suggested looking for a primary care doctor that was closer by anyway, so I guess I can possibly kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. There apparently is a new doctor in town anway that should be taking new patients. I'll probably just schedule an appointment to meet with her for the first time in regards to taking me on for primary care and also mention to them that I want to talk to her about getting an orchi while I'm there too.

It looks like I have another plan, so I'm hoping it works. When one plan fails I have to keep making another until one works. For now I just have to take things as they come and not stress out over stuff that I haven't gotten to yet. I have to focus on finding a primary care doctor that would be willing to sign off on me getting an orchi, that's the main objective for now. It's one step at a time until I get what I want. I have to jump through all the hoops and prove once again that I'm not out of my mind. It honestly would be so much easier if I just had the money to outright pay for it myself. Then a couple of shrinks and the surgeon performing the surgery are the only people I have to convince of my sanity. Oh well, this is the hand that life has delt me, so I better keep trying to make the most of it. I won't give up until I get my surgery, that I swear.

That's about all there really is to talk about tonight, not much else is really going on. I got my food stamps card, and aside from a little trouble with using it the first time, that's working great now. I guess for now I know what I need to do, so it's time to take action and get shit done. I've got a long way to go, and the sooner I get going the sooner I get to where I want to be.

No comments: