About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Found a Doctor

I called that doctor's office this morning and luckily she is taking new patients. I didn't get to talk to her myself, but I talked to her nurse and made an appointment for next Wednesday. I don't know if she's going to have any issue with me being TG, but I guess I'll find out. It's just a few hours before my therapy appointment next week, so hopefully I'll leave there with some good news to tell my psychologist. Things are moving painfully slow with trying to get someone that can approve me for surgery, but I guess it's not all that bad. I do want to talk to my doctor in Richmond before I have any kind of surgery, and I don't see her until the 13th of next month. I mostly just want to talk to her about how my meds and stuff should be dosed after and just know that she's aware of everything. I guess I also want plenty of time to do my research a bit more and make sure I really want to do this before SRS. It's not exactly the ideal situation I'd like to be in, but I have no clue when I can afford SRS. Everything I've looked up has said that despite some minor cons, it's usually not a bad idea to get an orchi if SRS isn't in the picture for a few years yet. Oh well, I'm following this path until I see where it takes me.

On another note, I finished a painting yesterday. Well I didn't so much finish it as I did cover up a spot of white paint I had accidentally smudged on it. I finished it probably last week sometime. It's the one I mentioned before that I had planned to represent everything I went through with Megan and the stalker. I went pretty abstract with it and used some pretty contrasting colors and sharp lines. It's not that great, but then again it's not meant to be great. It represents something I considered to be wrong and very hurtful, so I wanted it to be crappy looking.

I also have decided to add to the series of paintings I did earlier in the year about my transition. I went out and got some bigger bottles of paint, sponge brushes, and a few 11"x14" canvases the other day. I'm going to scale up my work from printer paper sized works to potentially some in the range of 2'x3'. I have a friend that works at Walmart who said she could grab some of the big pieces of cardboard and stuff they trash all the time for me, so that should allow me to scale things up more. I've got inspiration for a quite a few new works, and it feels so great to be painting again. I guess it distracts me from everything stressing me out in my life, and there's something I just can't explain about it that I'm attracted to. I guess art is where I feel at home. That's about it for now, there isn't much else to talk about.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Good luck with the new doctor and the new paintings.