About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Creativity Continues to Flow

I'm on a roll lately, I've got another new painting for my transition series. I think this one is going to be the last one in the series. It's definitely a brighter and much happier themed painting than the rest. It's not the last one period, just the last one in the set that tells my story. I still want to add more to it if I can in the future, this is just sort of like the last chapter of the story being written before the middle is done. Anyway, here it is.
Photobucket
I made this to represent what it's felt like for me to transition. I wanted to give a sense of freedom and happiness. I thought what better way than to combine a female figure with a butterfly. I also have my first painting commission, well sort of. My grandma saw a picture of a nearby lighthouse in the newspaper the other day and mentioned something about wishing she could get a local artist to do a painting of it for her. I volunteered to do it for the cost of the canvas and some art supplies. Not exactly going to pay for my surgery, but it's a way to get a couple more canvases and supplies to do more work with.

I've been checking out a few local small art galleries online lately that feature work by local artists. I'm thinking if I can get some more work done in the next few weeks it might be worth seeing if they'd be interested in any of my stuff. I'm still waiting for a call back from my doctor about insurance, it's still kind of soon though. Honestly, I'm painting so much lately as a way to keep my mind off of things so I don't sit around and dwell on worrying about it. That's about all I have to say for now, there isn't much else going on.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

That's a really cool painting I like it and can't wait to see more of your work. Good luck with everything.