About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another Phoenix

Well this time it's not some clouds that I took a picture of. I started and finished the newest painting in my transition series today in about 45 minutes, counting time to let it dry. I had the idea to paint a phoenix, and the colors were actually inspired by a phoenix painting that my ex boyfriend's dad did. Anyway, here it is.
Photobucket
I wanted it to appear firey and as though it's rising out of the darkness. Personally I wish it had came out looking less like a seagull, but I'm happy with it. It looks good in the picture, but even better in person. I just picked up a canvas today and started making some pencil sketches on it after I painted in the background. The next thing I knew I had a phoenix in no time. It's definitely one of the fastest paintings I've ever done, but I guess the fast pace matched the movement in the picture. I have several others in the works right now, so I'll be posting them up as I complete them.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

That is awesome, I love it. I want a copy!

Elizabeth said...

The state bird of Utah is the seagull. I promise you that yours does not look like one. I think it's fantastic! You're an amazing artist in all the media you choose!

Amy K. said...

Woah I love this painting! Great job. hun! :)

Sage Fallon said...

Thanks for the good reviews everyone. =)

Rachel said...

I love this, I've made it my desktop background.