About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Prospects

It seems like things are moving along pretty well for me so far. My best friend Cassidy told me last night that she got accepted to submit a trial photo set to suicide girls, and asked me if I would take them for her. So as it stands now I may have a shot at doing my first paying photo shoot. There's a lot of factors involved though. We can submit the set, but it's up to the site staff or member votes to decide whether or not the set gets featured. It has to be featured as a set of the day before either one of us can get paid, so I have to make sure I do my best work on these. I need to have 60 to 75 shots on the set for them to accept it, so the pressure is on for quality as well as quantity. I'm not sure if what I do is going to be good enough, but I'm giving it my best shot. If they're accepted she gets 500 bucks, and I'll get 100 for the pictures, plus another 100 if I can do the photoshopping myself. Sure 200 bucks isn't a lot, but I think she'll give me a small cut out of the 500 anyway. This isn't so much about the money for me as it is just getting my name out there and building a reputation. This is just the kind of opportunity I've been waiting for. I've been wanting to work in doing shots for alternative modeling, so this is my chance to do just that. This is going to be my first real test of skill, but it should be fun at the same time. I'm glad it's my best friend I'm shooting and not someone I just met. I've spent most of the night reading over guidelines and stuff on the website to make sure I get this right on the first try. There's a lot of paperwork and crap to fill out, but I don't want to limit my work. I've been doing all the nature and animal shots, alternative style pin ups seems like a good direction for now. I've got another friend that could get accepted with no problem if she tried, so if I'm lucky at some point she might go for it too. I know she would be comfortable with me taking the shots too. I guess I stand to make a decent start for myself in the professional world with this.

No comments: