About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I've Got Mono

I decided to go see a doctor today when I took a look at my throat in the mirror and saw white spots. I was thinking strep at first, but the test for that came back negative. So the doctor said with all the symptoms and the lenth of time that it's been going on for it's more than likely mono. I could have gotten a blood test to confirm it 100%, but she said either way there was nothing they could give me to cure it. I have to wait it out and let it run it's course, lucky me that's about 4 to 6 weeks. I go to the clinic in two weeks anyway, and it's time for me to get blood work done this time too. I guess if nothing else I'll find out then if I mention it to them. I know it takes about a month after infection to show symptoms of mono, so I've got a feeling I may have picked it up at Megan's when I was there. This sucks, I get to put up with this shit for a month. On the plus side I didn't have to out myself to the doctor this time. Anyway, I guess all I can really do is wait and hope this clears up as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the same thing when I went out of state to someone's house for the first time. White spots in my mouth, feeling like I couldn't swallow anything (don't know if you feel that way or not). I don't know why, but also when I fly and come back I get sick too. Hope you get better.

Elizabeth said...

Sweetie, I'm so sorry. Rest up and I hope it doesn't take too long to clear up. I hope you feel better soon.

glandular fever symptoms said...

A natural solution for treatment mononucleosis would be to use salt water to gargle with. If you have a severe sore throat try sucking on ice, drinking tea with honey in it, and frozen fruit bars and Popsicles might help to relieve some of the soreness during treatment mononucleosis. Another aid with the sore throat would be to place small amounts of apple cider vinegar in warm water to help the sore throat.