About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Meeting

I finally got to meet the voc rehab person today. It was mostly just paperwork, signing release forms, and talking about what exactly I was hoping for. She still needs to call my therapist to more or less confirm everything and I should find out in the next couple of weeks if I qualify for them to help me. It's a good chance though since a psychologist referred me to them. The person I talked to was very understanding of things, even said she thought I had a pretty name. I'm hopeful that everything will work out well. She even said that if I do eventually move up to Maryland they could get me in touch with the voc rehab people up there. I don't know what's going to happen, but with any luck it's going to be good for me. I talked Megan into telling her ex about us today, which not suprisingly upset her and made her cry. I wanted to get it over with before I'm there in person. I really want to go see her still, but right now it feels like I'm about to walk into a mine field or something. It's really frustrating feeling like I have to hide how I feel about her because her ex can't seem to let go. Personally I'm of the opinion that she can put up with it or fucking leave, but I'm trying to be patient with her for Megan's sake. All I want is to go be with the person I love and hope to start a relationship with, is it too much to ask that we have some time alone together? I know she's trying to work some out, but it still feels awkward to have her ex living in the same house. I hate to say it, but it makes wonder if it's really worth it. I don't know, I guess I'll find out what happens. I just hope I don't reget going there later. I hate putting up with all this bullshit, it's being really emotionally draining on me. This whole thing is just seeming like it's too much work right now, but I hope I'm wrong.

No comments: