About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Big News

I have some big news; I seem to have finally gotten a girlfriend. Not only that, but she lives close enough to go spend the weekend with on Friday and she’s TS too. She lives up in Maryland not too far from DC, and she wants me to come spend the weekend with her for Valentines Day. I’ve known her since July, and we did a bit flirting and stuff back then, but I wasn’t really over my ex at the time. I also had a thing for someone else, but that never went anywhere. We’ve been friends ever since, but I guess lately we had been talking a little more than usual. I also finally decided to give up on the other person since she didn’t have the same feelings about me. I can’t say I saw this coming, but she’s persistent, so I guess it’s worth seeing where things go. It’s not really official yet; we want to meet in person first. We’re pretty sure it’s going to move in that direction though. I’ve never dated another trans girl, so it’s something new for me, but I think I’ll like it. We get along really well so far, and we both have pretty similar views on sex. At least I know this shouldn’t be as rough on me as being with my ex boyfriend. She actually likes to go out and do stuff, unlike him. She was trained as a computer technician and helped me fix my laptop over the phone the other day. She also knows how to hang dry wall and do electrical wiring, and she can also cook. Needless to say I think we’ll work pretty well together. She knows how to do stuff I don’t and I can do the she doesn’t know how to, so I guess you can say we complete each other in a way. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’ve got hope that it’s going to be good. The only problem is her psycho bitch ex girlfriend is still living with her. She had been talking to me as a friend before last week. When she found out I liked my girlfriend as more than a friend she went off. She threatened Megan (that’s her name), tore the arms off a teddy bear of hers, threw her laptop across the room, and tried to kill herself. She got put in the psych ward at the hospital since last Thursday and had been saying until last night that she was going kill herself if Megan and me dated. She can’t seem to get it that my girlfriend doesn’t want to be with her anymore. She’s been living with her as friend because she has nowhere else to go. She beat Megan up back in November and knocked her unconscious and threatened to do the same the other night, so right now I don’t like her much. She got out of the hospital today, but she’s saying now that she can compromise and sleep upstairs while I'm there. She’s also getting booted out if she causes any more trouble. Since Megan asked me to I’m keeping my mouth shut around her if I can’t say anything nice, but I still don’t trust her. Who would blame me though, she hurt my Meggy, so she’s on extremely thin ice with me. I’m giving her a chance though, for Megan. I also heard from the voc rehab people today. I can actually meet the person at an office that’s within walking distance of my house tomorrow at two, so there’s a lot of good news lately. I’ll write more tomorrow to say how it goes.

No comments: