About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Friday, January 15, 2010

News

I finally managed to get my estrogen yesterday, which helps put my mind at ease a bit. I talked to someone at the clinic today about the cardiogram. Luckily I can just wait until my next appointment and they can do it then since it's not needed right away. I did finally get my grandparents to agree to take me to the vocational rehab place if I set up an appointment. I plan on calling and trying to do that on Monday. I also found out from my grandparents that no one else in the extended family knows about me. That was a bit of a disappointment, but at least I know now. With any luck I may find a job in the next month or two. I have to make at least part of the money I need to get an orchiectomy before I turn 23. I lose my insurance then, which means I lose my therapy appointments. So, I need to get it done in less than a year so I can get a letter from my therapist for it before I have to stop going. If I can at least get that surgery I can take my time saving up for SRS. I know it's going to be a while before I can get it, I just want to save myself some money on meds and make electrolysis easier. I have to get my transition moving forward again, so this time I've really got to make things count.

No comments: