About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Issues

I know I haven't written anything since the year began, I just haven't had anything to write about. I did go to my doctor yesterday, which seems to have given me plenty to write about. My friend and I left a few hours earlier than we needed to for my appointment, so we had a while to hang around the city and do whatever. She had me walk like 12 blocks with her in 30 degree weather looking for a used book store so she could get a book for one of her classes. It was closed when we finally found it, then we went to another store a block up and it had a parking garage next to it, and they didn't have it. So we looked around and found another one that didn't have it but the guy found it on Amazon for almost nothing. So we walked all the way back to the car and decided to go to Barns and Noble, get coffee, and hangout in the lounge area with our laptops. That at least made up for all the walking and shivering I was doing by then. I dropped my hormone prescriptions off at Walgreens before we went to the clinic so I could pick them up after my appointment. The appointment went alright, but my doctor says she wants me to get a cardiogram. The faster pulse than normal has her concerned. She says it's probably nothing serious, since my mom has the same thing. She just wants me to get it checked out to make sure. Apparently it runs in my family, but my mom said it hasn't caused her any problems. So I need to make a phone call in the next few days to see about setting the appointment up for that. It's during regular clinic hours, so I have to see another doctor for it. Walgreens managed to frustrate me yet again after my appointment. They filled my t blocker with no problem, but they were low on estrogen. So they could only partially fill it, but when I asked if they could forward the rest of the refill to the one near me they couldn't do that. So they said they can hold the prescription and forward it to the one near me for them to fill. I took care of making the phone call for that last night, so I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning. I hate pharmacies sometimes. We got pizza afterwards, and that was about it for the day. Now I just have to hope that everything works out well with getting my damn estrogen tomorrow. I'll switch pharmacies if I have to, I'm getting sick of partial refills

No comments: