About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Painting is Finished!

I started a painting in early 08 to kind of represent me and my transition, but it had been sitting around for almost 2 years unfinished. I did a little work on painting myself into it a few months ago, but I ended up setting it to the side before finishing again. I came up with the inspiration in the last few days to finally finish it, and it turned out to be a lot more than I originally intended it to be.

It started as a sort of self portrait, but I decided after sketching a guide for the face that I would just leave the pencil. I like to think of it as representing TG people as a whole. The pencil is non permanent and erasable and represents the ability of the viewer to put them self in the picture. I think it gives a message of it can be anyone. Tell me what you think, I like feedback. I want to try to start painting more often if I can. Here's a link to a bigger image of the painting. http://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo205/sagefallon/?action=view&current=painting4.jpg

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I think its really nice. Looks like youre emerging from the shadows...like from the darkness...showing how no one knew you existed. Its beautiful.