About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Stuff to Rant About

I don't really have anything that important to talk about involving myself, so I shall do commentary on whatever comes to mind.

First of all, I want to express my extreme dissatisfaction with ENDA being, once again, delayed until next year to be voted on. That's my politically correct don't make the FBI show up at my door version of how I feel. The between the lines real version; I want to go slap the asshole and/or assholes that have some kind of issues with it in the face. It's fine as is, when I hear anyone talking about revising the language of it my mind goes back to 07. You know, that time TG people were completely dropped from ENDA when the "language was revised". I'll feel like doing worse than slapping someone if they pull that shit on us again. I want to go get some of the dumbass bureaucrats that are causing the problems fired for being old and white. I want to see how they feel being discriminated against. It's way past overdue for us to be included in federal laws!

Also, what’s with the damn religious groups having problems with it? They're the ones that scream bloody murder anytime someone loses a job over a religious difference. They get their freedom from persecution, what the hell is so wrong with us having the same thing. The bill clearly states that it does not infringe upon any religious institutions or businesses rights. Read the fucking bill people! I'm sick of hearing them bitch about how they think it's going to somehow screw around with their religious rights. I'm not sure what more can be done to make them see that it will not. What has to be done in order for them to? Are they blind? Are they just that dense that they don't get it? Maybe they're just tying to cause trouble and being complete and absolute hypocrites? You be the judge my dear readers, I merely throw the questions out there.

Secondly, and on a controversial note, I'm pissed off about the legal status and misconceptions surrounding weed. I've used it, I liked it, and I had no more ill effects from it than I would have from getting drunk. In fact there were less ill effects than being drunk. So what's so damn horrible about it! Yes, some people have bad results from using it. Just as with any kind of prescription drug, if doesn't work for you, don't fucking use it! I'm sick of people, namely the government and pot haters, using that as an excuse to keep it illegal. Thus the government sponsors it's own private multimillion dollar drug black market. Prohibition people; it didn't work with alcohol, why do we expect it to work with drugs? The past 40 years have proven that the so-called "war on drugs" is more like a war on non-violent drug users. They fill the prisons up with those, and then they let the rapists and pedophiles go. People get busted for possession, where as those with 100 kilos in their basement that can get away with it get rich. Way to go justice system, lets make people's lives all the more traumatic as a result of the people let back into the system. Maybe the millionaire drug lords will pay for psych rehab for the general public? I know, they should prohibit caffeine next, it was considered for placement on the drug schedule listings back in the day you know. We dodged a bullet there didn't we?

I hate to be negative, especially this time of year, but people need to stop giving me reasons to say this stuff. I do have one good thing to say. At least I haven't let all of this stuff cause me to be depressed. I'm using this as a positive way to speak about how I feel, regardless of how many people I may piss off by saying what I have. If you have a problem with what I say, don't read it. I should have come with a parental advisory sticker tattooed on me when I was born, so that about says it all with me. It feels good to express my anger while also pointing out the short comings of this country. Don't believe my statements aren't based on facts? Google it and see, I promise I only bitch about 100% verified bullshit and injustices.