About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years

I guess it’s time once again to take a look back at the last year and how much I accomplished. It’s been a rough one to say the least, but I at least came out of it with a few things I’m proud of. The first and biggest one I would have to say is getting my name changed, that’s a feat in and of itself when you’re TG. Richard and I breaking up kind of happened at about the same time, so I may not have celebrated quite as much as I should have. It was kind of like the high and low point of my year both happened at the same time. I had my estrogen dosage raised again, which is always an occurrence to be happy about. It even saved me a bit of money by getting it raised, oddly enough. I finally got myself back into therapy, and found a therapist close by with experience working with TG people at that. It definitely helped pull me out of my downward spiral I was headed for over the summer. I managed to over come my depression for the most part with a little push from a friend shortly after too. I’d say those are the major ones. It’s not quite what I had in mind for this year, I had hoped to accomplish more, but I have to take what I can get. I can thank congress and Bush for fucking up the economy, which has kind of slowed me down a bit. I’m just going to say I did well, all things considered. I have plenty more that needs to be done, but I have to appreciate the small things too. I need to take what I can get when I can get it. I’ve got a god feeling about 2010, I think I can make a lot of things happen for me in the next year. As of now, it’s looking like I’m heading into it better than I did 09. I’m just staying home this year for New Years, and I have no alcohol. I’ll be able to stand up without wobbling or falling down this year. I’m not making that mistake twice; I got off to a bad start in this year right from the minute it began. I can’t say I’m disappointed in it, but I feel like I could have done better. I’m a believer in karma, so maybe if I bring the new year in sober more good things will happen to me during it. I’m not enough of a psychic to see, but I guess time will tell. I have my hope, and as long as I do, there’s still a chance for me yet. Transition or die trying is the motto I live every day by, and that’s one thing I can say I’ve done a great job at so far. I don’t plan on ever doing any less than just that.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Good to know youre going on well. I also hope I get my estrogen prescription soon.

Lind.