About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

I suppose I should write something about how the holidays and Christmas went. I sat at home on my ass and did pretty much nothing on my birthday, aside from getting my family to get a pizza for me. I did get a nice black knit scarf with a hat and gloves to match it and 20 bucks, but it fell a bit short of memorable. It seems like every birthday since I was 16 or so has been that way. My mom didn't even call me, she texted me, it was a nice gesture, but I guess I'm a bit old fashion. I appreciate the times when a phone was just a phone, when you had to actually pick it up and talk to the person you wanted to tell something to. It just means a bit more to me to get a call than a text. On the plus side I didn't go hungry, I just gorged myself on pizza most of the day and soda against my better judgement. I forget eating healthy for at least a day when it's my birthday, I let myself have everything I shy away from normally. I laugh in the face of calories and trans fat on my birthday, and then barley eat the next day. Christmas morning wasn't too bad, aside from the fact that my laptop decided to stop working after I had just watched a DVD on it 45 minutes before. It's not a huge loss, everything on it was copied from the desktop, but it is rather disappointing, and kills the good mood just a bit. I got some clothes and other things I needed, and about 200 bucks. It helps me out a bit, a job would be better, but 200 can last me for a little while. After a string of sarcastic texts to my mom she finally called me this afternoon. It wasn't a bad Christmas overall, but it could have been better. It just sucks that I've spent most of the holidays virtually alone. Oh well, maybe next year will be better.

No comments: