About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, I guess I should write a bit about Thanksgiving, I know I'm a bit late doing it. Things actually went better than I was expecting them to. My mom and her boyfriend came down came down and picked me up Wednesday afternoon, and we went to my aunt's house and stayed the night. We had thanksgiving dinner together Thursday, it wasn't too eventful. I was talking to my aunt the night before about wanting to get a really good laptop to use to get my photo business off the ground. She mentioned that she had an old laptop that she didn't use anymore and that I could have it if I wanted it. I took the offer, obviously, it's only a Pentium 3 and has 27 gigs of memory, but it's a start. It does have a built in wireless card, so I can take it with me when I go anywhere and just connect to whatever signal I can pick up. Once I'm able to do that, I can download my photo editing program to it and then I'm set to work on the go. I can take my work with me anywhere I can take the laptop. I'm just so glad she decided to give it to me, it's not as good as my desktop, but it's enough to do the work until I can get something better. I want to customize one the Dell business grade laptops to have as much hard drive space, and the fastest processor they put in a laptop. That combined with a high resolution screen and good software should be enough to eventually get a business off the ground with. I've got my eye on a few good DSLR cameras, a green screen studio set. I like the green screen idea since it means I can carry one background around with me and then add whatever background I want to the finished pictures with the software. It will probably cost me around 3 to 4 grand total on the computer plus the studio equipment I would need. I just need the basics to do freelance work. It just sucks that the profession I have the most interest and passion in would be one that requires expensive equipment, but it could be more I guess. It's expensive to me considering I'm transitioning on top of those costs. For now my little Fujifilm consumer grade camera is going to have to do. It's 10 mega pixels, so it's a decent enough resolution to get the job done. Back on the subject of Thanksgiving, like I said, it was rather uneventful. We did break down on the way back to my house though. That part did really suck, but luckily we were close enough by that I could ask my grandparents to pick me up and take me home. Aside from that little issue, things were pretty good, I can't complain. I got something out of it that definitely helps me to move forward with the career I want, and I got to spend time with my favorite side of the family. I can say I had a good holiday, I just hope Christmas goes as well.

No comments: