About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Good Times

There isn't too much to talk about lately, I did get to go out for Halloween night. I went out to a club in Norfolk with a few friends, including one I hadn't seen for well over a year. I also got to see another really good friend I hadn't seen for a while, so I guess the good luck symbol on my tattoo is working already. I actually found out last night that the guy who did it is dating the sister of a guy I went to school with. She found me on facebook and thanked me for letting him do my tattoo, and that he had actually gone online and looked up stuff about it that night after he did it. It's so great to know people I never expected it from are open minded about me. It's also great to know I made a real impression on the guys at the tattoo place, apparently they were talking about me, all good stuff too. I did set aside a few hours to do my own serious thing for Halloween, seeing as I celebrate Samhain, the original ancient Celtic version of Halloween. I just love how the timing of getting my tattoo and the holiday happened, I swear few big things in my life seem to happen for no reason. I made a commitment not too long ago before I decided to get the tattoo, that I'm going to make serious effort to eventually become a Wiccan high priestess. The tattoo in a way is my reminder to myself of the path I'm called to follow, and how to stay on that path. Getting it right before the most major holiday I celebrate, my new year, speaks volumes to me. It's like with the beginning of a new year, I've also begun a new chapter in my life. I don't usually bring my religion up on here, but it's time I remain true to my description of an uncensored diary of my life. This was just too big to go unmentioned, the last 4 days have really been great for me. I love when something otherwise insignificant, can really grab your attention and show you something profound. I'm on the right path in life, I've had all the confirmation I need lately, and it feels wonderful.

1 comment:

Amy K. said...

I'm so glad you're finding happiness in your life's journey. Go you! :)