About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Luck

There hasn't been a lot going on lately to write about for a while, but I really do need to update this more often. Anyway, getting back on topic, I had a bit of good luck today. My phone started giving me problems Friday afternoon, I got a text, opened it to look, and the screen was blank. I could only see what I was doing half the time when it decided to work, and only if I opened the phone halfway. I took it to a Verizon store nearby Saturday and they couldn't help me, aside from telling me to go to try the store in Williamsburg, and that it was probably a software issue. They did say that it should be replaced for free since I had the phone for less than a year and it was still under warranty. So today I went by there after picking up my meds at Walgreen's, and managed to get there right as they opened. I got taken right away, and they swapped my phone for a new identical one, and transferred all my contacts and pictures to the new one. It took all of 15 minutes and I was out of there. I swear that's the easiest time I've ever had dealing with Verizon. I was worried they would give me some kind of bullshit about it being my fault the phone was messed up, but luckily it couldn't have gone better. I went by McDonald's on the way home and picked up a wrap to eat when I got home, and found out they gave me a piece of chicken on it twice the size of what's normally on there. I know it was kind of insignificant, but it really kind of made my day in a way. Everything went as planned, and I can even say better than planned today. I don't experience that too often, so that's why it made me happy today. I also stuck a 4 leaf clover in my coat pocket before I left that I have pressed between some clear tape, I guess it came in handy. I have an appointment at my clinic tomorrow, and I'm hoping to possibly get a tattoo before I head to that. I found some extra money I had hidden from myself, so I'm treating myself to something I've been wanting for a couple of years now. I can only hope tomorrow goes as well as today did, I'll be sure to write about it when I get back. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to show if I'm able to get the tattoo.

1 comment:

Amy K. said...

Sometimes it's the little things that can make a day, isn't it? I'm glad you had a nice one. I'd love to see that tattoo if it comes about. I hope your luck continues! :)