About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Appointment

I finally had my therapy appointment today, and things went pretty well. I found out she had actually had transgender patients before, so that makes me feel like she knows what she's talking about. Somehow she guessed that I did pot, but she said she didn't think it was that bad. We talked a little about anti depressants, mostly about if I felt like I would like to try them. I'll have to go talk with the psychiatrist first to get them, but for now I'm going to wait a week or two and see if I still feel like I need them. I'm going to go back once a week for now until I feel like I'm getting a bit more comfortable. Mostly I just want to get the getting to know me part sped up a little. I like her, and I think things are going to go pretty well. I have hope for this. Last weekend was a little bit good and a little bad. My step dad tried to cause more problems, but my aunt got it straightened out. Me and my aunt actually had a really long talk Saturday night about things. I found out me and her have a lot of the same problems and issues. So it's nice knowing that someone else in the family knows what I go through. She told me the next day that if I ever needed to get away from things to just let her know, because she could come get me and I could stay there for a while. So me and her seem to have more in common than we ever thought. I don't know where things are going to take me. I hope I can get some help in therapy with all of this shit, but I guess only time will tell.

No comments: