About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

An Awesome Weekend!

I'm happy to say that I'm doing much better after the awesome weekend I had. I stayed with a good friend of mine Saturday night and ended up getting more stoned than I've ever been. I was saying that I needed it with all the stress I've been having lately, so it really helped me loosen up. It makes me feel so much better for at least a couple days afterwards. Anyway I spent last night in Richmond with another good friend of mine that I've known like forever. She was worried about me too after all of my mental freak outs last week, so I hung out there for a day. I got to watch the sunset from a rooftop three stories above the city Sunday night. Then Monday morning I went with her to her art history class at VCU, which I found to be very interesting. I loved starting my day learning about mesoamerican art history. In all it was a nice time away from home to just slow down a bit and have a little fun. A change of scenery did me pretty good for now. I know it's only a temporary fix, but it's better than nothing. At least I know I have friends who care about me, so that definitely helps. I tried to get an earlier appointment to see that therapist, but with the 4th of July weekend coming up and her taking vacation time, the 8th is still the best I could do. I guess I can hold out until then now. I just have to find ways to keep myself busy, and I might potentially be hanging out with one of my friends on the 5th. I've actually been avoiding the internet lately. It just seems like it's caused me more problems than it's worth. Anyway, I'm alright, so that's what counts. I may be online slightly less, but I'm going to be ok, I haven't given up hope yet.

No comments: