About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rough and Busy Times

It's been a while since I wrote anything here. I've had a lot going on the last couple of weeks. I finally got to have my birth certificate updated last Thursday, but I didn't make it to the social security office to apply for a new card before they closed. My friend took me back this Thursday and I finally got that done, and it didn't cost me anything either. I had to pay 22 for the birth certificate, 10 to alter the record and 12 for the copy. So far I've spent about 74 dollars total on getting my name changed and updating records. I've still got to pay 10 more once I get my ID changed at DMV, so I'm looking at around 84 total in the end. Which is a lot better than I had first estimated. I'm not sure what to do about my school records, if they can alter those or make any kind of note on them. I need to look into that at some point. After all my ID forms are updated all I have left is altering my bank account info, and I'm done with all the big stuff. I'll have to update files at my doctors office, but I'm hoping that I can do that when I go back Tuesday. I had a pretty good experience this past Tuesday night. I was finally able to go back to the club in Norfolk that I like with a friend of mine. Things were going pretty well, I got to see people that I hadn't seen for a while and have a little fun. I was just walking around when this guy stopped me and introduced himself. We started talking and found out we had a lot in common. I could tell he was very attracted to me right from the start by the way he was looking at me, and he even offered to buy me a drink. At one point when were talking we both got a little quiet, and when I looked over at him again he leaned over and kissed me before I realized what was going on. I was very surprised, but I reacted quickly enough that I kissed back and was sitting there thinking wow what just happened? I told him a few minutes later that I'm TG, and he tells me that he's gay, another shock to me. I think that only made him like me more because he tried to kiss me again, I went along with it this time, but he tried to get some tounge in it and I backed off. I told him to slow down a bit that I wasn't ready to go that far yet. We ended up talking for about an hour or so until the club closed and got each others phone numbers. Although I don't think anything is really going to come of it seeing as he's gay and I don't want to keep the part that he likes. He didn't look too bad either, and he was in the Navy. He hasn't called yet, but it doesn't bug me that much since I know I can't give him what he wants. It just gave me a real confidence boost to have someone hit on me for a night and think that I'm attractive. I've also been trying to further my potential photography career. Since the weather has gotten better I've been going out and getting more pictures, and I also decided to start a website to put some of my best work on. It's not much just yet, but it's a start. I can at least have a web address to give a potential employer who wants to see my work. The job market sucks as badly as ever, so I have no clue where things are going with moving. I'm trying not to lose hope though. I've been battling bouts of depression lately, so that's been a little hard to do. That's why my posting kind of dropped off for a while. I'm going to try to keep up with things here though.

No comments: