About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Name Change is Done!

I have great news for my 100th post, all of my ID records are officially updated with my new name. I went to the bank on Wednesday and got the name on my account changed, and today I went to DMV and and had my ID card updated. I also stopped by the pharmacy on the way to get a refill on some of my meds and had the name changed on that, so everything is officially done with my name change. It at least takes care of all the major things that had to be done, so I'm very happy to get this over with finally. The sex still says M, but right now just having the name done is good enough for me. I'll figure out how to get that changed later. This takes some stress off my shoulders for now at least. It feels good to know that things are still moving forward. I'm happy with where things are going.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It seems that you've been dealing with some rough times lately... it's good to hear some good news like this! Congratulations!

NickyB (aka the CFG) said...

many congratulations!!! x