About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Plans Fell Apart

My moving plan fell apart earlier today. I talked to my friend who was offering me the room after I hadn't heard from him for almost 2 weeks, then I find out that he's moved. The new place has a room for rent, but it's 400 a month, twice as much as the first offer. It's also in a really bad part of town too. So once again I'm let down when I trusted someone who said they wanted to help me. I was very sick most of last week, so this is a perfect ending to that. I have an offer from another friend who's moving to the same area, and I'm hoping it will only cost me two to three hundred a month if we can find a cheap place. I just hate having to go with this option because I have to find a job before I can move if I go with her. I'm going to have a lot less help and I'll have to get someone to co sign on a lease for me since I have no credit history right now. It just complicates things a lot more, so I have no clue whats going to happen right now. I've been crying on and off for the last few hours over it. It's just the last thing I needed to hear right now. I'm feeling kind of hopeless at the moment, but I've at least got some hope that things might eventually work out for the best.

2 comments:

indigojester said...

It always works out for the best, though at first it does not seem likely. Trust granny Elizabeth! :-)

Chrissie said...

This situation sounds so much like me trying to get to grips with living in London back in 1985. Nowhere to live, no job, no partner. Down in the dumps.

Somehow it all came right. The trick is not to let oneself go under.

luv
chrissie
xxx