About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Friday, February 6, 2009

Moving Forward

I finally got the background check in the mail this morning. I went and made copies of everything I needed to, and went straight to the courthouse and filed it. So all of my paperwork is done and in the system waiting to be approved. I feel accomplished today, I've finally got the first part of this over with. Now all I can do is wait and hope that I hear from the court soon. I don't have to set a court date or anything, so it looks like I won't have to go in front of the judge. I just wait for something to come in the mail for me I guess. All they told me was they would get in touch with me after he reviews it and that it should go through without any trouble. So the wheels of justice are slowly starting to turn for me. It feels good to get this out of the way, I'm getting my transition back on track. I want to have a job and be working on saving up for surgery and getting electrolysis or laser removal by the end of the year. It's a lot to get done, but I'm going to make it happen. I'm not sure how much of a strain that's going to put on my relationship though. I've spent 2 weeks away from him to be here waiting on that background check in the mail, and it's put plenty of strain on things already. I don't know how I'm going to be able to see him very often if I get a job here close to home. I'll have to get one near him, which means I'll have to move. I just have no clue how I'm going to do that yet, but I guess I'll worry about that once I have everything with my name sorted out. I don't know what this is going to do to my relationship, I really do hope it lasts and I want it to, but I guess I should also be ready for it to possibly break us up. I guess all of this is kind of bitter sweet in a way. It makes me so happy to be getting things done, but it really hurts when it interfers with my love life. Oh well, overall I'm happy, and that's what counts the most.

1 comment:

Lori D said...

Congrats! I'm sure you'll figure how to make the relationship work, or how to lovingly move on for the betterment of the both of you. Either way, you're a brave girl!