About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ring in My Lip, Pocket Full of Pills, Conform, Conform, or They'll Fuck With Your Head.

My grandparents really know how to piss me off. Me and my best friend got these fake piercings yesterday just to be silly and see how real they looked. We had fun with them, and I actually liked how it looked. So I wore it on my lip again today, mostly because I'm considering getting a real piercing there and I want to see annoying it can get. My grandma finally noticed it after about half the day. I was talking to her about something completely different and she looked at me with her mouth hanging open for like a minute. I had completely forgotten I had it on and was just standing asking her what's wrong. She thought it was real and freaked out on me, and when I told her it was fake she told me I better take it off. I didn't, but then she goes on to tell me to take all my posters off the wall because she's embarassed to have anyone over because of what they might say about it. Then threatened to cut off my internet and cable, and said that when I go back to VA Beach I should stay there. She also decided to take shots at my transition and religion in there too. So once again I'm not good enough for her. Half the stuff on my walls are copies of famous artwork that I've cut out of magazines. The rest is mostly music and band related posters and magazine pictures, vinyl albums, and a few pagan related posters thrown in there. The worst thing I've got up there is a rainbow stripped post card that says "straight? so's spaghetti until you heat it up!". So I have no idea what's so horribly bad about any of it. Oh well, at least that's just the worst of my problems for now.

No comments: