About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Frustration

I'm a little frustrated with the name change change right now, at least after I found out I usually have to pay to get something noterized. I have to have every single document that's a part of this noterized. A 5 dollar fee here and there isn't much, but it adds up after a while. I've got plenty saved up to pay for this all, I just hate it when little fees like that pop out of the woodwork to surprise you. I've spent most of the week just trying to decipher it all. The woman in the clerks office tried to explain how to fill everything out to me, but that was all verbal. It was a good 5 minutes of talking, so it's a lot to memerize at once. And the instruction sheet that came with it is the most vague sounding instructions I've ever read. It just lists every document and tells me to bring it back completed. I really need to get either my aunt or my friend to help me figure it all out. Unless there's anyone online that's good at deciphering legal documents that is willing to help me out. On a more upbeat note, I got to go out to Chilis last night to celebrate a friends birthday. I was tempted to buy a drink, but the one I wanted was like 8 bucks. I just waited until we got back to their place to keep celebrating and had a smirnoff ice. I wanted a apple martini, but that did in it's place. I only had that and a shot of aftershock, so I was responsible this time and limited myself. I was tempted to go overboard, there was a whole cabinet of hard liquer, but I told myself no. So I'm well on my way to keeping my drinking under control now. I don't want or need a repeat of new years. That scared the hell out of me, and then reading the Heroin Diaries the week after shocked me into doing something with my life again. So no matter how frustrating all of this gets, I'm sticking with it.

1 comment:

Shauna Baggett said...

I think I said it best one time, the easy way out is the way I came in, so I will stick to my path til I have no path left. I attempted suicide once, never again found life is too precious and I see you found that too.
Good for you to think things through you are making great progress Sage.