About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Talked to My Mom

I finally got a call through to my mom today, only I'm starting to wish I hadn't. I called the house phone for once and she just happened to be there, I think if it wasn't for that she wouldn't have talked to me. I asked her why she hadn't got back to me or anything, and she told me it was because of something I said in a text back in September that pissed her off. If it's the one I'm thinking of I guess I can't really blame her. I sent one that said fuck you to her with some other stuff about not caring about me, but only because I called her nearly every day for 2 weeks and left several messages, and she never called me back. I did tell her I was sorry, even though I still feel like she had it coming for ignoring my calls. I can't believe she's being this petty over a text. The least she could have done was call me and let me know she was pissed. Instead she apparently told someone else who told my grandma, and then when I got home the other day she tells me she heard that I had told my mom off. I had no clue what anyone was talking about, and she wouldn't tell me who she heard it from. So apparently I'm the last person to know that my mom is pissed at me, which really doesn't make me any happier. She had the nerve to ask if I wanted to go somewhere with her Saturday, I told her I might go if I'm still home, but I don't know. I'm not sure I can deal with her, or if she can deal with me. I don't know what to do right now about all of this. I had hoped that talking to her again would help, but it hasn't. She only talked to me for like 10 minutes, after 3 months of not speaking to me at all. I hung the phone up and started crying. I wish I knew where this was going.

1 comment:

Lori D said...

Mom might be pissed, but if you're humble and admit your mistakes, there's nothing more that you can do except be patient. You clearly love her, and that tells me she should eventually come around.