About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Year Gone By

Well it looks like another year of my life has gone by, another one that I thought I would never see. I can't say it was bad though, in fact it's been one of the best years of my life. I've had so many firsts this year I don't know if I can even name them all. My first boyfriend, first time in public as a girl, first christmas as a girl, the list keeps going. It's been a real year of progress for me, and all it seems like I've been doing again lately is dwelling on the stuff I haven't done. There's still a long way to go for me, and I should be proud of everything I've accomplished this year. It's probably been the most productive year of my life. It certainly has been the most exciting. I have an actual social life now, something I couldn't say in past years. I've changed so much this year, it's amazing even to me just how much I've come out of my shell, so to speak, in just the last year. I started out this year pretty much the same as all the others, at least for the first few months of it. Then when me and my boyfriend got together it was like things changed so fast. Even if we have been, and still are, having some problems, I don't regret it. Coming and staying with him pretty far from home has given me the chance to do so much. I've met lots of new people, made new friends, and become so much more outgoing. Just sitting here thinking about it makes me happy. So I can honestly say I'm happy with this year. I only hope next year is just as incredible.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sage, this has been a year of "firsts" for you. Transition has its ups and downs, as it is part of life.

A lot has happened in your life and all of these events make you who you are "becoming".
Happy New Year!

Mystic Sight said...

Happy New Year!