About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman, and everyday life in general. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that transgender people face every day.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Surprizes and Updates

I've got a bit of time to write some stuff now, so I guessI'll start off with how my grandparents shocked me before I left. They had told me that because of me being TG and transitioning and everything, they weren't going to give me the money they had saved for me for college. Mostly because I want to use it to help me pay for transition. But, last week, only a few hours before I was supposed to leave, they say they need to talk to me about something. I go see what's going on, and my granddad pulls out this bank envelope and says that they had pulled 100 bucks out of the savings they had for me, and I could take as much of it as I wanted. Needless to say I actually asked him to say it again because I thought I was hearing things. The same grandparents who not too long ago told me that what I'm doing is sick and going against nature, are suddenly being nice and giving me money. They even went out and got all these snack food things for me to bring with me. It's the absolute last thing I expected for them to do. I don't know what brought this on. It's so sudden and dramatic it's almost creepy. My first reaction is to ask who died or is dying. I'm not complaining though, if my family wants to give me money by all means do so. I'll gladly take it, at this point every little bit helps. Maybe the time I've spent away from home has made them start to come around with everything. I can only hope. Whatever it is I like it, and I hope it keeps happening. Just thought that was worth writing about, not like it happens every day.

1 comment:

Lori D said...

You know, when I hear stories like this I see a glimmer of hope for the human spirit. Perhaps they are TRULY religious in that they acknowledge that it's only their love and mercy that's going to keep you close to them or to understanding what true religion is about.

I'm hoping they exercised their faith in their behavior to you. Run with it, sounds positive!