About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Not Happy

Today went pretty well for the most part, that is until me and Richie were walking down the sidewalk near his house. Some asshole drove by and started yelling stuff at us, the only thing I understood was I hate fags. He yelled fuck you back at them, but it still pisses me off what they did. They didn't even have the courage to say it to our faces, just drive by and yell. Even though I told him to stay calm and that violence wasn't the answer, I wanted to beat the shit out of them just as much. I ignored things myself, but that's the first time that's really happened to me. At least anyone being outright hostile about how they feel about me. What they said doesn't bug me, it's the fact that we live in a society that breeds that way of thinking. It pisses me the fuck off to know there are people out there that hate me for something I can't help. It doesn't make me cry anymore, it just makes my blood boil. I refuse to be discriminated against, I'm a human fucking being dammit, and I deserve to be treated as such. I don't care what anyone's opinion of me is, I'm not hurting anyone by what I'm doing, or who I love. They can tell me I'm going to hell all they want, they won't break my spirit. As much resolve as I had before to bring about change in this world, I've got even more now. They may hate fags, but I hate homophobic assholes. I'm sick of the society we live in. I'm sick of the fucking silent majority, and I'm sick of people not taking a stand against it more. I'm sure I'll get bashed left and right from people in the TG community for saying that, but still, it's what I believe. The gay community has made some pretty big strides in the last few years, isn't it time for ours to do the same? I for one refuse to ever go stealth, no matter what the consequences may be. I'm going to change the world no matter what, that's a promise.

No comments: