About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last Appointment

Today kind of sucked, I found out my therapist is moving. I guess I'm either going to have to find another one, or stop going. I'm thinking I'm just going to stop, but part of me really wants to keep seeing someone. I'm not sure if my doctor is going to want me seeing someone or not, so I guess I'm just waiting and seeing what she says. I'm really going to miss her though. With the exception of about 8 or nine months when I turned 18, I've been seeing her for 4 years. It's just scary trying to find someone else to go to after having someone so supportive help me all this time. She's helped me in more ways than I can ever name. I honestly don't think I would be alive right now if it wasn't for seeing her when I did. I've got all of her contact info and stuff, so at least I'll able to get in touch if I need her to vouch for anything for me again. I know I'll need her signature on the right papers to ever get any surgery, so it's pretty important that I keep in touch. On the bright side of things I guess it works out for me actually. Richard and his family want me to move down there at some point, so I have nothing tieing me down here now. I think I'm actually going to move to Virginia Beach first now. It's the opposite direction from where I want to go, but at least I've got support there. I'm just looking at it as a half way point for now. I can move down there for a few years and get started with everything, and once we have the money, move to Richmond. My choices are certainly getting harder by the day, but at the same time it's like more opportunities are coming up with them. I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I'm ready for it.

No comments: