About:

It's my hope to post entries here about my life and experiences as a trans-woman who also happens to have bipolar disorder. This is my way of making my voice be heard, and bringing attention to the issues that myself and others like me, face every day.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

One Year on Hormones

I'm a day late posting this, but I've officially been on hormones for a year yesterday. I can't believe it's been that long already. What's even more impressive to me is just how I've come in that time. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I'm twice as girly as I was when I first got started. Not to mention they have changed me in a lot of physical ways too. I have A cups now, which actually seem to be growing more lately since I had my dosages increased at the end of April. I amazed myself even with all of this. In the last year I've started hormone therapy, dressed as a girl in front of people and in public for the first time, came out to my whole family, found a doctor to help me with hormones and transition, and found a boyfriend. Those are just the major things, that's not even mentioning all of the smaller events. Like the fact that I go full time, for days, even a week at a time when I go stay with Richard. Or even that I'm included in kind of girls night out things with my 2 best friends now. I'm dressing as a girl pretty much anytime I go out in public now, so I'm practically full time as it is. I'll wear some of my old guy clothes around the house, but only as something to sleep in or because I'm lazy and want to wear something comfortable. I've also gained so much self confidence as well. Sometimes when I hear what I'm saying, or really think about what I'm doing it's like I can't believe it's really me. It may be a bit of a stretch to say this, but I almost feel like I've practically turned my life around in a year. It's not very long in the scheme of things, but it's just been a year what I like to think of as kind of a rebirth. When you get right down to it, I feel like I've had to relearn how to live. So much that it felt like it was going to take me forever to learn comes second nature to me now. I even use my girl voice without thinking about it a lot. I just felt like it was worth looking back on things and writing something about it. It's a pretty big anniversary for me, so it's not a day I can ever forget.

No comments: